Lockheed Martin Australia (LMA) is the combat system integrator for Australia’s Future Submarine Program, partnering with the Department of Defence and Naval Group to design and integrate the combat system for the future fleet.
LMA invites academics and industry to participate in its Research & Development program developed to support and respond to the short- and long-term capability and technology needs for the Attack Class Submarine Program.
Current Topics of the R&D Program include:
- Novel methods for reliable communications on an unstable platform
- Emerging technologies for improved autonomous celestial navigation
- Distributed underwater sensor networks and their impact on submarine operations
- Novel methods to integrate compressive sensing techniques
- Novel methods to monitor track and efficiently manage power within racks
- Use of advanced materials and fabrication processes to overcome SWAP-C constraints
- Investigation into real-time monitoring of human performance
- Smart driven dynamic reallocation of computing resources based on compute demands
High-level summary of the FSP-CSI R&D Program is available HERE.
Stage 1 proposals due 2nd September 2019. Unsolicited White Papers – Research and Development Program due 30th June 2020.