The Defence Science Institute aims to be a primary source for facilitating R&D connections that foster a globally engaged, competitive and innovative defence and national security sector.
The Institute does this by:
- Enhancing defence relevant R&D engagement between universities, industry and Defence.
- Identifying defence relevant research and technology development opportunities on behalf of our stakeholders.
- Providing advice on the defence R&D environment (priorities, capabilities, needs and gaps).
- Connecting SMEs to research and expertise in order to strengthen SME participation in defence business.
- Promoting and showcasing R&D and innovation in the private and public sectors.
Research capability within DSI is loosely grouped under five research programs.