Engagement action is a core activity for the Institute. It is a critical component of what we do to facilitate connections for industry and Defence into the university sector. It covers:
- Events and advocacy on behalf of our stakeholders (through conference presence, funded workshops, visit facilitation and roundtable meetings)
- Assistance with identifying collaborative partners and developing plans and roadmaps for collaboration
- ‘Find an Expert’ and ‘Find a Capability’ services
- Finding and placing interns into industry or Defence/DSTO
- Establishing Research Higher Degree students working on industry or Defence R&D problems in collaboration with industry or Defence/DSTO partners
This Line of Operation is central to maturing any application for funding support through our Grant Schemes. Any application for a DSI grant is built upon careful work to establish needs, build relationships and shape the collaboration to produce positive outcomes for Defence.