Defence Operations Research Symposium (DORS) 2017 that will take place in association with the 22nd International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (MODSIM2017) and the 25th National Conference of the Australian Society for Operations Research (ASOR). The three conferences will be run simultaneously, and will share all conference mechanisms (facilities, catering etc).
The conference will be held at The Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart, Tasmania, Australia from Sunday 3 to Friday 8 December 2017. For information about the conference please visit http://www.mssanz.org.au/modsim2017
Interested in submitting a paper to the conference? Expression of Interest is due on 31st May 2017.
Here is some advice to authors:
- Expressions of interest (including title and 250-500 word summary) must be submitted by 31 May 2017; the preferred presentation type (oral or poster) must be selected for each expression of interest.
- Notification of acceptance of expressions of interest and confirmation of presentation type (oral or poster) will be provided by 16 June 2017.
- Full papers and extended abstracts are due 28 July 2017. The author can decide whether to submit a full paper or extended abstract, regardless of presentation type (oral or poster).
- Reviewed and corrected full papers and extended abstracts must be finalised by 2 October 2017 to allow for publication to be finalised.
- Conference begins: 03 December 2017.
For oral presentations, the conference will accept two types of submissions – extended abstracts and full papers. Extended abstracts should be a complete description of the problem area, broad findings and outcomes or implications and should hence be self-contained (Max 1 page). Full papers are to be an maximum of 7 pages, including an extended abstract on the first page. For formats and templates, as well as instructions on how to submit expressions of interest, extended abstracts and full papers, please see the website.
Please note that EOIs, extended abstracts and papers are to be submitted no higher than at the UNCLASSIFIED level.
Further information and Assistance
Please email the DORS committee at DORS2017@dsto.defence.gov.au