Pilot Competitive Evaluation Research Agreement (CERA) Program 2016
On behalf of the Defence Science and Technology group (DST group), the DSI is seeking research proposals from Australian academics who are currently partnering with, or wish to commence partnering with, DST group scientists to work on solutions to key Defence science and technology problems.
This call is targeted to agile research teams who are able to adapt quickly and commit to milestone driven work
Cash support of up to $50,000 will be provided for projects up to 12 months duration.
Projects will be assessed on the relevance to Defence science and technology priorities, the level of collaboration/engagement with DST group and scientific/technical merit.
Competitive proposals will present not only a strong track record in the research discipline but also a coherent plan for a 12 month program.
- The lead investigator must be employed by and undertake the project at any Australian university which has executed the DST Group Partnering Deed.
- At least one investigator must be a DST Group scientist
- There are no set technology themes for this call. Projects can be based in any discipline that is of relevance to Defence and DST group.
- There is no minimum cash or in-kind contribution requirement.
How to Apply:
- Application is via the DSI Online Collaborative Research Grants Portal: Click here to apply online.
- Costing of the work should be clear, itemized and in accordance with the guidelines of DST Group Partnering Deed and the DSI Collaborative Research Grants.
- Please ensure that any in-kind contributions are clearly delineated.
- Investigator CVs are not required with the application, but may be requested later, if required for the assessment process.
A proportion of projects shall be funded by the DSI under a Collaborative Research Grant Agreement, while the remainder shall be funded directly by the DST Group under a Collaborative Project Agreement under the Partnering Deed.
- Application Closing Date: COB Monday 2nd May 2016
- Award Announcement Date: Wednesday 15th June 206
Further Grant Application Information and Requirements:
Craig Butler, DSI Engagement Manager, email: firstname.lastname@example.org