The Research Forum Semi-autonomous systems: trust, control, and letting go will be held at the Melbourne Business School Conference Centre on the 10th-11th of November 2015. The objective of this Forum is to specifically focus on the relevant challenges in machine reasoning. We will bring together researchers and practitioners working in the fields of semi-autonomous systems and human-automation teamwork to discuss challenge problems and potential solutions in the design of semi-autonomous systems for human-agent teams. This includes topics such as trust dynamics, human robot interaction, levels of automation, and situation awareness. Below is the list of confirmed speakers for this Forum.
- Darryn Reid, Defence Science and Technology Group (DST Group)
- Hussein Abbass, UNSW Canberra
- Christoph Bartneck, University of Canterbury
- Reece Clothier, RMIT University
- Tim French, University of Western Australia
- Tim Miller, University of Melbourne
- Adrian Pearce, University of Melbourne
- Julie Shah, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Iyad Rahwan, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- John Thangarajah, RMIT University
We very much look forward to interacting with you on the 10th-11th and showcasing innovative research ideas and to strengthen and develop collaborations in this space.